The Future Of Work Event
On Tuesday, February 2nd, Intuit QuickBooks Self Employed, the On-Demand Economy, and Button hosted representatives from leading digital platforms to discuss the future of work in the new economy. Among the 70 attendees were representatives from industry leading companies such as, Airbnb, AxelHire, Clean Cube, Fiverr, FancyHands, Glamsquad, Handy, Hello Alfred, LiquidTalent, Moonlighting, Olo, Pager, Shake, Shyp, Uber, UrbanStems, Workmarket, Zeel, and Zipster. Media from CB Insights, Bloomberg, CNN Money, Fox Business, International Business Times, Mashable, New York Times, Quartz, and TechCrunch came to hear the thoughts of experts on the space and learn more about the research conducted by Intuit and Emergent Research.
- Tanner Hackett, Button & The On-Demand Economy, Co-Founder
- Arun Sundararajan, NYU Stern, Professor of Business
- Andrea Black, Hourly Nerd, Director of Supply
- Constantine Anastasakis, Fiverr, Sr. Director of Business Development
- Alex Chriss, Intuit, VP & GM of the Self-Employed Solutions
Topics of Discussion
- What are the broader structural changes in employment?
- How are these changes driving the adoption of contingent work on various platforms?
- Has the narrative from the media differed from what is being seen first hand?
- How can platforms deliver an optimal experience to these service providers?